In today’s digital age, having a strong social media presence is essential for businesses looking to build brand awareness, engage with customers, and ultimately drive sales. And when it comes to social media platforms, Instagram is a particularly powerful tool for reaching a wide audience and building a loyal following.
However, with so many different types of content to choose from on Instagram, it can be challenging to know which format is best for your brand’s specific needs. Two of the most popular content types on Instagram are Reels and Posts, each with its own unique set of benefits and drawbacks.
With Instagram’s focus shifting back to photos as a focus once again in 2023, in this blog, we’ll explore the differences between the two and our recommendations on which format is best for your social media strategy. We’ll also discuss the importance of finding the right balance between Reels and Posts to achieve a successful Instagram presence.
If you’re looking to showcase your brand’s creativity, humour, and personality on Instagram, Reels can be an excellent format to use. Reels are short, 15 to 30-second videos set to music or audio, and they’re highly shareable, making them an excellent choice for B2B companies that want to create engaging and viral content.
Benefits Of Using Reels
Here are some of the benefits of using Reels in your Instagram strategy:
Showcase Your Brand’s Personality
Reels offer a unique opportunity to showcase your brand’s creativity, humour, and personality in a way that traditional Posts can’t. With Reels, you can create visually stunning videos that are engaging and shareable, making them an excellent tool for building brand awareness and engaging with your audience.
Reels are highly shareable, and when done well, they can quickly go viral, reaching a much wider audience than traditional Posts. This can be especially valuable for B2B companies looking to expand their reach and build a broader following on Instagram.
Stand Out From The Competition
Reels are a relatively underutilized feature on Instagram, and many B2B companies have yet to use Reels to increase their brand awareness. By using Reels, you can stand out from the competition and create engaging, visually appealing content that sets your brand apart.
Examples of Businesses effectively using Reels
- HubSpot: HubSpot, a leading provider of inbound marketing and sales software, uses Reels to provide valuable marketing tips and insights in a fun and engaging way.
- Mailchimp: Mailchimp, an all-in-one marketing platform for small businesses, uses Reels to showcase their products and services in a visually appealing and shareable format.
- Shopify: Shopify, an e-commerce platform that allows businesses to create online stores, uses Reels to showcase their customers’ success stories and provide valuable insights on how to grow your business.
Posts are a more traditional format on Instagram, but they remain an essential tool for B2B companies looking to provide their audience with valuable insights, industry news, and educational content.
Benefits Of Using Posts
Here are some of the key benefits of using Posts in your Instagram strategy:
Provide Valuable Insights
Posts offer an excellent opportunity to provide your audience with valuable insights, industry news, and educational content that helps establish your brand as a thought leader in your respective field.
More Detailed Descriptions And Explanations
Unlike Reels, Posts allow for more detailed descriptions and explanations, making them an excellent tool for providing your audience with more in-depth information on a particular topic.
Posts can be evergreen, meaning that they can remain relevant and useful to your audience for an extended period. This makes them an excellent tool for driving traffic to your website and building long-term relationships with your audience.
Examples Of Businesses Effectively Using Posts
Here are some examples of B2B companies that have effectively used Posts to promote their brand on Instagram:
- Salesforce: Salesforce, a leading customer relationship management software, uses Posts to provide valuable insights and industry news on a variety of topics, from marketing to artificial intelligence.
- Adobe: Adobe, a multinational software company, uses Posts to showcase its products and services, as well as provide educational content on design, photography, and video.
- Hootsuite: Hootsuite, a social media management platform, uses Posts to provide valuable insights and educational content on social media marketing and management.
If you liked this blog, check out this one on, “The 6 Best SEO Practices For Blogs.”