Careers Senior UX/UI Designer
We are a digital agency with headquarters in Markham. As a hybrid agency focusing on a full spectrum of offerings, we offer digital marketing strategy and direction, with an ability to execute digital marketing, web design, and development. We understand that a business is more than a bottom line. Through extensive experience and thorough research, we create strategies for our clients before laying down a single pixel. We’re here to change the trajectory of businesses. Our mission is to empower business owners to create an on-brand digital experience that reflects their conversion goals.
- Design conceptual wireframes, layouts and website concepts to be coded by the development
- Work closely with clients and production team to ensure concepts are creatively justified, approved and handed off to production for a smooth transition
- Putting together thorough style guides to ensure pixel-perfect accuracy for the development team
- Ability to document development handoff notes which help and aid the development on expected user experience and interactions
- A strong background in designing responsive/fluid based designs with a strong sense of mobile design practices
- Project coordination between yourself and the project manager/account manager to ensure good customer service and the best possible outcome for the product we are supplying.
- Project coordination between Art Director’s and the Development team to ensure best practices and transparent handoffs are done on every project
- Able to run a team of other creatives which includes mentorship, creative briefings, and design sprints
- Able to solve problems with your design work to encourage conversions, call to actions, “wow” factor etc.. We feel true “design” is more than just circles and squares 🙂
- This role reports to the Art Director
- Post-secondary degree in graphic design
- Strong working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch
- UI Design
- UX Design
- Product Design
- App/Mobile Layout Design and Prototyping
- Digital Marketing Design (Emails, Landing Pages, Micro Sites, Social Campaign Assets)
- Strong Sense of Typography
- Client Facing and ability to Run projects
- Understanding of “Responsive Web Design” for mobile optimization
- Super organized and efficient in a web design workflow
- Master in Sketch (our web layout app of choice)
- Master in Photoshop
- Master in Illustrator
- Ability to prototype your designs for presentation (we use invision.app)
- An understanding of how your designs will be translated to code (CSS, retina ready SVG’s…) and to balance those things with performance and best practices
- Able to design with performance and file size in mind
- Strong grasp of graphic design principles
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong command of the English language for client-facing
- Preferably at least 4 years of industry-related experience
- Online digital portfolio
What You'll Learn
As a part of the team at nvision you’ll be exposed to marketing programs as they relate to various industries. You’ll see first hand how we conceptualize, propose and then execute a web design project.
Cultural fit is very important and we’ll be looking for someone who is hungry to learn and to contribute. You’ll be given as much responsibility as you seek and the learning curve may be steep but rewarding. We provide an environment where you’ll learn new skills and we value work-life balance. Everyone at nvision embodies our core values:
- We are all Creatives
- Build Trust with Transparency
- Have the Courage to Do More
- Get Better at Getting Better
- Have a problem? Find a solution.
- Everyone is nvision
- Invest in Us and We’ll Invest in You
Why Our Team Loves Working Here
- We have a dog-friendly office with lots of furry visitors
- We always encourage a highly collaborative environment where the best solution can come from anywhere or anyone
- We hate micromanaging. We want to see our colleagues succeed and empower them to grow and do more.
- We celebrate our wins on a regular basis! This includes monthly team get-togethers and lunch-and-learns.
- We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation time.
- We firmly believe that we’re all human at the end of the day and deserve to live a life outside of work. That’s why a healthy work-life balance is so important to us and we make sure to keep it that way.