As a result of our continued growth, we’re are looking for a passionate, creative and motivated Front End Design (emphasis on UI/UX) who is looking to be part of a team where outside of the box thinking is encouraged.
Candidate must have a strong sense of User Interface design, User Experience considerations, Typography, Colour Theory, Layout Design and lives and breathes best modern web design practices.
Our company is growing fast and we need a designer that has a high quality of standards and relates to the term “Pixel Perfect” in everything they do. We are ever evolving our tools, education and best practices and need someone who holds the same high values to settle for nothing less.
The candidate also understands data structures, site maps, content mapping, view states, hierarchal principles and understands their design is meant to achieve a goal (conversions, sales, leads etc..)
The candidate is also comfortable with being client facing, participating in creative kick offs, drafting and reviewing creative briefings and working along side other designers to give and take direction where needed. Client facing expectations are based on the maturity and ability of the candidate. The better the candidate can understand the clients goals first hand, the better for efficiency and the project.
Main responsibilities are, but not limited to
- Design conceptual wireframes, layouts and website concepts to be coded by the development team (this includes all primary website templates in various states including responsive breakpoints)
- Putting together thorough style guides to ensure pixel-perfect accuracy for the development team
- Ability to document development handoff notes which help and aid the development on expected user experience and interactions
- Ability to prototype designs, click through flows and state changes
- A strong background in designing responsive/fluid based designs with a strong sense of mobile design practices
- Project coordination between yourself and the client to ensure good customer service and the best possible outcome for the product we are supplying.
- Project coordination between Art Director’s and the Development team to ensure best practices and transparent handoffs are done on every project
- Able to solve problems with your design work to encourage conversions, call to actions, “wow” factor etc.. We feel true “design” is more than just circles and squares
Skills & Expertise
- Understanding of “Responsive Web Design” for mobile optimization
- Super organized and efficient in a web design workflow
- Master in Photoshop OR Sketch (our web layout app of choice)
- Master in Illustrator
- Ability to prototype your designs for presentation (we use invision.app)
- An understanding of how your designs will be translated to code (CSS, retina ready SVG’s, large png’s) and to balance those things with performance and best practices
- Able to design with performance and file size in mind
- Strong grasp of graphic design principles
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong command of the English language for client facing
- Preferably at least 5 years of industry related experience
- Online digital portfolio
At nvision, we generate dynamic websites that help position your business effectively in today’s ever-changing web design and marketing landscape. We specialize in innovative website development based on a combination of compelling design, leading edge usability concepts and top quality development.
The Web is an ever expanding jungle of lavish opportunities. Backed by years of experience and successes, we strategically guide our clients from concept to completion for websites, apps, campaigns, branding and more.
We don’t stop at developing great marketing mediums. Our services include Search, Social and all other digital marketing initiatives that help clients launch their companies to the next level.
- Work in a relaxing, collaborative environment
- Modern workspace
- Respectful towards employee evenings and weekends
- Paid conferences and personal development
- Competitive annual salary benefits package
- 3 Weeks Vacation (to start)
If you have any other qualifications you feel could be an asset, please let us know what they are and why, basically, we want to get to know you a bit.
How to Submit
Applicant must reside in the GTA and work from our office space. No remote applicants are being considered at this time.
An online or PDF portfolio showcasing your best website design work is a prerequisite. Do not apply if all you have to submit is a word document please. Non-web related design work is a plus but we’re looking for a serious, talented, front-end web designer and that’s the work we’d like to see.
Only those candidates we would like to interview will be contacted 🙂