Careers WordPress Developer
We are a boutique digital agency with headquarters in Markham. As a hybrid agency focusing on a full spectrum of offerings, we offer digital marketing strategy and direction, with an ability to execute digital marketing, web design, and development. We understand that a business is more than a bottom line. Through extensive experience and thorough research, we create strategies for our clients before laying down a single pixel. We’re here to change the trajectory of businesses. Our mission is to empower business owners to create an on-brand digital experience that reflects their conversion goals.
We are seeking a full-time developer who specializes in WordPress to push our development to the next level. Can you take custom designs and create custom, performant, scalable WordPress Theme / Website?
- Confident in current skills and natural interest to learn and improve
- High level of attention to detail
- Interface with internal departments on a daily basis
- Ability to translate high fidelity designs into custom responsive themes, functions, and plugins º Create, update and utilize existing code libraries to streamline the development cycle
- Support, extend and enhance existing code
- Ability to understand business and technical requirements
- Write clean code based on collaborative development guidelines with best practices and standards in mind
- ONLY candidates with Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or person who has been granted refugee status
- Cultural fit is very important and we’ll be looking for someone who is hungry to learn and to contribute. You’ll be given as much responsibility as you seek and the learning curve may be steep but rewarding. We provide an environment where you’ll learn new skills and we value work-life balance. Everyone at nvision embodies our core values:
- We are all Creatives
- Build Trust with Transparency
- Have the Courage to Do More
- Get Better at Getting Better
- Have a problem? Find a solution.
- Everyone is nvision
- Invest in Us and We’ll Invest in You
WHY OUR TEAM LOVES WORKING HERE
- We have a dog-friendly office with lots of furry visitors
- We always encourage a highly collaborative environment where the best solution can come from anywhere or anyone
- We hate micromanaging. We want to see our colleagues succeed and empower them to grow and do more.
- We celebrate our wins on a regular basis! This includes monthly team get-togethers and lunch-and-learns.
- We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation time.
- We firmly believe that we’re all human at the end of the day and deserve to live a life outside of work. That’s why a healthy work-life balance is so important to us and we make sure to keep it that way.
- Custom WordPress theming process without relying on existing marketplace themes
- Familiar with: Advanced Custom Fields, Custom Post Types, Custom Taxonomies and other advanced methods to take WordPress theming to a top-tier CMS
- Able to write clean, semantic, accessible HTML markup along with Cross-Browser compatible CSS
- CSS Keyframe based Animations
- Understanding of WCAG 2.0 Level AA
- Well versed in developing responsive websites across modern browsers and devices
- Good Understanding and applicable usage of debugging tools
- Ability to function as an in-house consultant/expert for resolution of complex technical issues.
- Ability to Research emerging trends/best practices and present implications of proposed solutions
- Strong Verbal/Written communication skills
- 3+ years of industry-related experience
Send in your application today. We look forward to hearing from you!We thank all applicants for their submissions.
Only qualifying candidates will be contacted for an interview.