Careers UX/UI Designer
We are a digital agency with headquarters in Markham. As a hybrid agency focusing on a full spectrum of offerings, we offer digital marketing strategy and direction, with an ability to execute digital marketing, web design, and development. We understand that a business is more than a bottom line. Through extensive experience and thorough research, we create strategies for our clients before laying down a single pixel. We’re here to change the trajectory of businesses. Our mission is to empower business owners to create an on-brand digital experience that reflects their conversion goals.
About the Role
This is a remote position. We are hiring Canada-wide!
(with preferences for Metro Vancouver and GTA)
As a result of our continued growth, we’re looking for a passionate, creative and motivated Front End Designer (with emphasis on UI/UX) who is looking to be part of a team where outside-of-the-box thinking is encouraged.
The successful candidate must have a strong sense of User Interface Design, User Experience considerations, Typography, Colour Theory and Layout Design. They must live and breathe the best modern web design practices. While having high-quality standards, the individual must relate to the term “Pixel Perfect” in everything they do. We are ever-evolving our tools, education and best practices and need someone who holds the same high values to settle for nothing less. The candidate must also understand data structures, site maps, content mapping, view states, hierarchical principles, usability testing and understand that their design is meant to achieve a goal for our clients (conversions, sales, leads etc..).
The candidate should be someone who is also comfortable with being client-facing, participating in creative kick-offs, drafting & reviewing creative briefs and working alongside other designers to give and take direction where needed.
- Design conceptual wireframes, layouts and website concepts to be coded by the development team (this includes all primary website templates in various states including responsive breakpoints)
- Implement design strategy based on best UX/UI principles to achieve goals for client projects
- Approach design projects with the User’s perspective at the core and use principles of Design Thinking
- Justify UX/UI design decisions based on qualitative insights gathered through usability testing tools like Usability Hub, Hotjar etc
- Putting together thorough style guides to ensure pixel-perfect accuracy for the development team
- Ability to document development handoff notes which help and aid the development of expected user experience and interactions
- Ability to prototype designs, click through flows and state changes
- A strong background in designing responsive/fluid based designs with a strong sense of mobile design practices
- Project coordination between yourself and the client to ensure good customer service and the best possible outcome for the product we are supplying
- Project coordination between Creative Director’s and the Development team to ensure best practices and transparent handoffs are done on every project
- Able to solve problems with your design work to encourage conversions, call to actions, “wow” factor etc.. We feel true “design” is more than just circles and squares
- This role reports to the Creative Director
- Preferably at least 4 years of experience prototyping and designing for web and mobile
- Preferably at least 2 years of experience working as a UX/UI designer.
- A strong online portfolio demonstrating skill and industry experience
- Strong working knowledge of Figma, Adobe XD and Adobe Creative Suite
- UI Design
- UX Design
- Product Design
- App/Mobile Layout Design and Prototyping
- Digital Marketing Design (Emails, Landing Pages, Micro Sites, Social Campaign Assets)
- Strong Sense of Typography
- Client Facing and ability to present/ justify design to end clients
- Understanding of “Responsive Web Design” for mobile optimization
- Super organized and efficient in a web design workflow
- Master in Figma (our web layout app of choice), Adobe XD
- Master in Photoshop
- Master in Illustrator
- Ability to prototype your designs for presentation
- Ability to design micro-interactions, animations and motion to enhance UI
- An understanding of how your designs will be translated to code (CSS, retina-ready SVG’s…) and to balance those things with performance and best practices
- Able to design with performance and file size in mind
- Strong grasp of graphic design principles
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong command of the English language for client-facing
- Knowledge and understanding of Unbounce and Webflow considered an asset
What You'll Learn
As a part of the team at NVISION, you’ll be exposed to marketing programs as they relate to various industries. You’ll see firsthand how we conceptualize, propose and then execute a web design project.
Cultural fit is very important and we’ll be looking for someone who is hungry to learn and to contribute. You’ll be given as much responsibility as you seek and the learning curve may be steep but rewarding. We provide an environment where you’ll learn new skills and we value work-life balance. Everyone at NVISION embodies our core values:
- We are all Creatives
- Build Trust with Transparency
- Have the Courage to Do More
- Get Better at Getting Better
- Have a problem? Find a solution.
- Everyone is NVISION
- Invest in Us and We’ll Invest in You
Why Our Team Loves Working Here
- We have a dog-friendly office with lots of furry visitors
- We always encourage a highly collaborative environment where the best solution can come from anywhere or anyone
- We hate micromanaging. We want to see our colleagues succeed and empower them to grow and do more.
- We celebrate our wins on a regular basis! This includes monthly team get-togethers and lunch-and-learns.
- We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation time.
- We firmly believe that we’re all human at the end of the day and deserve to live a life outside of work. That’s why a healthy work-life balance is so important to us and we make sure to keep it that way.
Send in your application today. We look forward to hearing from you!We thank all applicants for their submissions.
Only qualifying candidates will be contacted for an interview.