Careers Human Resources Generalist
We are a digital agency with headquarters in Markham. As a hybrid agency focusing on a full spectrum of offerings, we offer digital marketing strategy and direction, with an ability to execute digital marketing, web design, and development. We understand that a business is more than a bottom line. Through extensive experience and thorough research, we create strategies for our clients before laying down a single pixel. We’re here to change the trajectory of businesses. Our mission is to empower business owners to create an on-brand digital experience that reflects their conversion goals.
About the Role
NVISION is looking for a dynamic Human Resources Generalist to be the primary partner and advisor to the business. The successful candidate will work closely in the implementation of processes, policies and programs that drive organizational effectiveness, performance management and employee development. As a trusted advisor to the business, you will develop and implement HR strategies to support growth and transformation across the organization.
As the leader of the HR function, you will need to have a willingness and ability to build programs from the ground up. It is critical to have the agility to flex between facilitating strategy discussions and immersing yourself in the details to ensure programs are delivered. You will drive work by partnering with our senior leadership, helping them build and develop their teams. You will foster strong collaboration with your peers in cross-functional groups to design and execute multiple HR strategies from staffing and compensation to culture and performance management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Implement and support HR programs. Programs include performance management, compensation, employee development, diversity, inclusion, etc.
- Participate in activities to maintain a healthy and productive work environment, such as coaching and development planning, investigating, and resolving employee relations issues, hiring and retention of talented employees, and encouraging open, productive dialogue between managers and employees
- In partnership with business leaders, develop and implement a talent plan that ensures the organization has the right talent to deliver on financial commitments, consistent team performance and a sustainable talent bench for business growth
- Responsible for the quality and responsiveness of the overall delivery of all HR services
- Establish, build, and maintain strong relationships with key employees to ensure all elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet and exceed business needs
- Use creative problem-solving skills to address business needs that are often time-sensitive
- Contribute to the continued improvement of HR programs, processes, and planning within the company
- Ensure all actions follow appropriate employment laws, company policies and sound business
What we require:
- Minimum 5 years Human Resources experience in an agency environment preferred; leading HR initiatives and programs
- Relevant college or University Degree and/or a Certified Human Resources Professional Designation (CHRP, CHRL).
- The successful individual must be confident, influential, approachable and have the capacity to understand multiple perspectives. This person must be both strategic and able to provide tactical and hands-on support in all areas of human resources and be comfortable mostly ‘doing’.
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills, written and oral communication skills as well as analytical skills.
- Engaging and a strong communicator with a focus on relationship building and maintaining positive company culture.
- Act with the employee experience top of mind, continuously seeking feedback, inefficiencies, and maintaining business relationships based on trust and respect
- A high degree of tact and diplomacy.
As part of our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and accessibility, our goal is a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, those who identify as Black, Indigenous or persons of color, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community and others.
We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. We are happy to honor accommodations at any part of the recruitment process and invite you to let us know how we can help.
Cultural fit is very important and we’ll be looking for someone who is hungry to learn and to contribute. You’ll be given as much responsibility as you seek and the learning curve may be steep but rewarding. We provide an environment where you’ll learn new skills and we value work-life balance. Everyone at NVISION embodies our core values:
- We are all Creatives
- Build Trust with Transparency
- Have the Courage to Do More
- Get Better at Getting Better
- Have a problem? Find a solution.
- Everyone is NVISION
- Invest in Us and We’ll Invest in You
Why Our Team Loves Working Here
- We have a dog-friendly office with lots of furry visitors
- We always encourage a highly collaborative environment where the best solution can come from anywhere or anyone
- We hate micromanaging. We want to see our colleagues succeed and empower them to grow and do more.
- We celebrate our wins on a regular basis! This includes monthly team get-togethers and lunch-and-learns.
- We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation time.
- We firmly believe that we’re all human at the end of the day and deserve to live a life outside of work. That’s why a healthy work-life balance is so important to us and we make sure to keep it that way.
Send in your application today. We look forward to hearing from you!We thank all applicants for their submissions.
Only qualifying candidates will be contacted for an interview.