Careers Email Marketing Specialist
Email Marketing Specialist
We are a digital agency with headquarters in Markham. As a hybrid agency focusing on a full spectrum of offerings, we offer digital marketing strategy and direction, with an ability to execute digital marketing, web design, and development. We understand that a business is more than a bottom line. Through extensive experience and thorough research, we create strategies for our clients before laying down a single pixel. We’re here to change the trajectory of businesses. Our mission is to empower business owners to create an on-brand digital experience that reflects their conversion goals.
We are on the hunt for a sharp and innovative Emailing Marketing Specialist. In this position, you will be required to oversee all aspects of email marketing campaigns, including market research, content creation, and the dissemination of copy. As an Email Marketing Specialist, you will also be required to collaborate with coworkers across departments to ensure maximum uptake of offerings.
To be successful as an Email Marketing Specialist, you should demonstrate the ability to create accessible, engaging, and memorable texts. Ultimately, an outstanding Email Marketing Specialist will remain abreast of technological developments that facilitate the dissemination and monitoring of campaign features.
This role reports to the Digital Marketing Manager
- Conducting market research to better comprehend prevailing consumer behaviors.
- Reviewing our former campaigns to ascertain areas of strength and weakness, which could inform subsequent outputs.
- Conceptualizing marketing campaigns that speak directly to the pain points of existing and prospective clientele.
- Creating well-written copy that is free from mistakes.
- Collaborating with Creative Designers to improve the appearance layout of outputs.
- Maintaining a database of customers who have opted to receive our correspondence.
- Distributing emails through the use of automation software.
- Identify new audiences to grow our existing database of contacts
- Assist in the personalization and segmentation of our user databases to create a better customer journey and experience
- Work with Marketing Operations to ensure database cleanliness and CASL & GDPR compliance
- Report on the overall success of campaigns across all platforms and gather data daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
- Execute all email set-up, troubleshooting, and resolution of potential issues
- Project management – accountable for timeline delivery of all client deliverables (ensure team members are meeting deadlines)
- Results & metrics – accountable for the results of your optimization efforts. You are expected to report on progress and to provide context on what is being executed.
- Internal education – accountable to effectively educate internal partners & stakeholders on new developments in digital marketing with an emphasis on email marketing
- An understanding of information architecture principles and the crossover with SEO
- Mailchimp Certification
- Proficiency in Google Analytics
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing Management, Advertising, Communications, or similar.
- Proven experience creating high-impact, unique email marketing campaigns.
- Prior database management experience, preferably in a similar role.
- Familiarity with pertinent automation and performance evaluation software.
- Excellent project management skills are specific to marketing.
- Outstanding copywriting and copyediting abilities.
- Ability to harness collaboration to produce well-crafted content.
- Drive, ingenuity, and gumption.
- The ability to manage up
- Adaptable/comfortable with change
- Team player – knows when & how to collaborate
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
As a part of the team at NVISION you’ll be exposed to marketing programs as they relate to various industries. You’ll see first hand how we conceptualize, propose, and execute email marketing initiatives and web design projects.
Cultural fit is very important and we’ll be looking for someone who is hungry to learn and to contribute. You’ll be given as much responsibility as you seek and the learning curve may be steep but rewarding. We provide an environment where you’ll learn new skills and we value work-life balance. Everyone at NVISION embodies our core values:
- We are all Creatives
- Build Trust with Transparency
- Have the Courage to Do More
- Get Better at Getting Better
- Have a problem? Find a solution.
- Everyone is NVISION
- Invest in Us and We’ll Invest in You
WHY OUR TEAM LOVES WORKING HERE
- We have a dog-friendly office with lots of furry visitors
- We always encourage a highly collaborative environment where the best solution can come from anywhere or anyone
- We hate micromanaging. We want to see our colleagues succeed and empower them to grow and do more.
- We celebrate our wins on a regular basis! This includes monthly team get-togethers and lunch-and-learns.
- We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation time.
- We firmly believe that we’re all human at the end of the day and deserve to live a life outside of work. That’s why a healthy work-life balance is so important to us and we make sure to keep it that way.