We are a boutique digital agency with headquarters in Markham. As a hybrid agency focusing on a full spectrum of offerings, we offer digital marketing strategy and direction, with an ability to execute digital marketing, web design, and development. We understand that a business is more than a bottom line. We create strategies for our clients through extensive experience and thorough research before laying down a single pixel. We’re here to change the trajectory of businesses. Our mission is to empower business owners to create an on-brand digital experience that reflects their conversion goals.
This is a remote position. We are hiring Canada-wide!
As a result of our continued growth, we’re looking for a passionate, creative and motivated Copywriter for web copy, blogs, SEO content and other digital marketing content, who wants to be part of a team that encourages outside-of-the-box thinking.
Successful candidates must possess strong written communication skills and be well-versed in crafting conversion-focused copy. They will be equally at ease working independently and as part of a diverse team. They will maintain the highest standards of grammar and levels of creativity, and be familiar with proven content formats and copywriting briefs, while also being capable of writing ‘from scratch’.
The candidate must understand information architectures, site maps, content mapping, user experience, progressive disclosure, calls-to-action, and appreciate that their copy is meant to achieve a goal for our clients (conversions, sales, leads etc..)
The candidate should also be comfortable being client-facing, participating in creative kick-offs, drafting & reviewing creative briefs, conducting discovery interviews, and working alongside other copywriters and digital marketing specialists, including giving and taking direction from strategists, designers, and SEO, paid and email marketing specialists.
- Write clear, compelling content for websites, microsites, blog posts, landing pages, media releases, paid marketing copy, email copy and copy for other digital and traditional marketing devices as needed
- Produce well-written content that is SEO friendly and optimized for conversion
- Write copy from the user’s perspective
- Collaborate with digital marketers, designers and creative teams
- Brainstorm and manage projects and juggle multiple deliverables
- Interview and consult with clients and other stakeholders to define key messages and develop a brand voice
- Research subject matter as needed to support the copywriting
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
Job Qualifications and Skill Sets
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications, journalism, English, or a related field
- 5 years of experience working as a copywriter in an agency setting
- Strong writing, editorial and proofreading skills
- A strong online portfolio of a wide range of copywriting for digital marketing, demonstrating skill and experience
- Familiarity with SEO principles and keyword research
- Experience with SEO copywriting best practices
- Experience with social media and content marketing
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure
- Client-facing with the ability to interview and present copy to end clients
- Understanding of copy within responsive web design for mobile optimization
- Super organized and efficient work practices
- Familiarity with copywriting, content development and content management apps and platforms, including Gather Content, Surfer SEO and WordPress, is an asset
- An understanding of how copy works in concert with a web/page design
Cultural fit is very important and we’ll be looking for someone who is hungry to learn and contribute. You’ll be given as much responsibility as you seek and the learning curve may be steep but rewarding. We provide an environment where you’ll learn new skills and we value work-life balance. Everyone at nvision embodies our core values:
- We are all Creatives
- Build Trust with Transparency
- Have the Courage to Do More
- Get Better at Getting Better
- Have a problem? Find a solution.
- Everyone is nvision
- Invest in Us and We’ll Invest in You
WHY OUR TEAM LOVES WORKING HERE
- We have a dog-friendly office with lots of furry visitors
- We always encourage a highly collaborative environment where the best solution can come from anywhere or anyone
- We hate micromanaging. We want to see our colleagues succeed and empower them to grow and do more.
- We celebrate our wins on a regular basis! This includes monthly team get-togethers and lunch-and-learns.
- We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation time.
- We firmly believe that we’re all human at the end of the day and deserve to live a life outside of work. That’s why a healthy work-life balance is so important to us and we make sure to keep it that way.
Send in your application today. We look forward to hearing from you!We thank all applicants for their submissions.
Only qualifying candidates will be contacted for an interview.